The statutory entitlement to 2 consecutive weeks’ paid Paternity Leave came into effect as from 1st September 2016.
- A period of two consecutive weeks paid leave will be available to a relevant parent on the birth/adoption of a child.
- All staff who wish to avail of this leave are advised that they must apply to Kilkenny and Carlow ETB in writing four weeks in advance of intending to take such leave.
- Paternity leave must be taken within 26 weeks of the date of the birth or date of placement of the child to 26 weeks thereafter, except where the leave is postponed in the event of hospitalisation of the child.
- In order to claim Paternity Benefit from the Department of Social Protection Class A PRSI contributors should complete the PB1 form and submit same to the Human Resources Department 6 weeks prior to the commencement date of the period of Paternity Leave. PB2 form will then be completed by the Human Resources Department. Further information is available from the Department of Social Protection website.
|Application Process / Notification Requirements
- The relevant parent must notify KCETB of their intention to take paternity leave not less than 4 weeks before the commencement of such leave, apply on the CoreHR portal and provide KCETB with the following:
- In the case of a birth:
• A copy of the medical certificate from a registered medical practitioner confirming the pregnancy and specifying the expected date of birth of the child concerned, or
• A copy of the birth certificate where notification is given after the birth.
- In the case of an adoption:
• A declaration/official placement order, or
• A copy of the placement certificate where notification is given after the date of placement.
- In the case of foreign adoption, the adopting employee must obtain a Declaration of Eligibility and Suitability from the Adoption Authority of Ireland, in advance of the date of placement. As soon as possible after the date of placement the adopting teacher should provide written confirmation of placement to Kilkenny and Carlow ETB.
Apply on CoreHR here
Copy of birth certificate to be uploaded to CoreHR if not already on file.
Any further queries in relation to Paternity Leave, please contact the Human Resources Department:
Ann Lennon (email@example.com)
Karen Hanrahan (Karen.Hanrahan@kcetb.ie)