|What is the Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme(VTOS)?|
The Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme is a special range of courses designed to meet the education and training needs of unemployed people.
|What are the aims of the Scheme?|
- To raise education levels.
- To gain certification within the national framework of qualifications.
- To develop knowledge and skills relevant to the workplace.
- To progress to employment or to further education or training leading to employment.
|What Opportunities will VTOS offer me?|
- A chance to continue your education and training.
- A chance to develop new skills.
- A change to gain certification at a range of levels.
- A chance to find good employment.
|What are the eligibility criteria for a place on one of our courses?|
you must be:
- over 21 years of age
and in receipt of at least one of the following:-
- Jobseekers Allowance/Benefit (or signing for credits) for 6 months or more.
- One Parent Family Allowance for 6 months or more.
- Adult Dependant Allowance for 6 months ore more.
- Disability Allowance for 6 months or more.
- Invalidity Pension
|Payments while on a VTOS Course?|
- Courses are provided free of charge.
- A weekly lunch allowance is payable.
- A weekly travel allowance is payable if a participant has to travel over 3 miles.
- Participants in receipt of some of the above social welfare allowances for more than 12 months prior to starting a V.T.O.S. course may be entitled to an extra allowance per week.
|What does the programme involve?|
- Courses include a wide range of subjects and activities.
- Certification is available at a range of levels, including the Junior Certificate and Leaving Certificate,
- QQI Levels 3, 4 and 5 Certificates, and City and Guilds Certificates.
- Courses last for up to two years.
|VTOS Co-Ordinator: Ms. Geraldine Moran||VTOS Co-Ordinator: Ms Una Hayes|
|Tel: 056 – 776 4719
Email: email@example.com Website: www.vtoskk.ie
|Tel: 059 9140311
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.vtoscarlow.ie