The Local Youth Club Grant Scheme (LYCGS) supports volunteer-led youth club/group activities at a local level. Funding for the Scheme is provided by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA) and is administered locally by Education and Training Boards (ETBs) on behalf of DCYA.
The Scheme supports voluntary youth club/group activities for young people; with priority given to clubs/groups catering for young people aged 10–21. The primary focus of the Scheme is to assist local, volunteer-led youth clubs/groups that provide a programme of youth work activities for young people. In addition, other clubs/groups that work with young people, but are not specifically providing youth work, are also entitled to apply for funding under the Scheme.
To support the work of volunteers, and to ensure that quality standards are adhered to in their work with young people, DCYA has incorporated the National Quality Standards for Volunteer-led Youth Groups (NQSVlYG) into the Local Youth Club Grant Scheme. This Application Form encompasses both elements.
Please note: It is the responsibility of the local club/group applying to the ETB for funding to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the LYCGS incorporating the NQSVlYG.
Both the club/group Chairperson and the Treasurer must sign the Declaration at the end of the Application Form. By signing, they confirm that all information contained in the Application Form is current, available and accurate. Furthermore, they understand and agree that any grant that may be allocated to the club/group will be provided on the basis of the grant agreement with the ETB, as set out in Appendix 3. By signing the Declaration section of this Application Form, it is understood that the information provided by the club/group Chairperson and the Treasurer may be checked for the purposes of verification and comment as appropriate. In addition, each National Youth Organisation (see listing in Appendix 2) must provide a Statement of Assurance in relation to affiliated clubs/groups in each ETB area. The ETB itself undertakes an assurance process for non-affiliated clubs/groups. This Statement of Assurance declares that the relevant National Youth Organisation or ETB is satisfied that in the clubs/groups named:
- The club/group is volunteer-led and is based on the voluntary participation of young people.
- 75% of the club/group members are between the ages of 10 and 21.
- The club/group can clearly outline the benefits of membership for young people who participate in their programmes.
- The club/group is fully compliant with all requirements set out in the Children First Act (2015).
- All adult volunteers have been Garda vetted.
- Appropriate insurance cover is in place.
- Volunteers have access to a first aid kit and are able to use it correctly.
- The club/group has a Health and Safety Statement, Policy or Procedures or operates to a buildings Health and Safety Policy.
Closing date: Completed Application Forms must be returned to the ETB by noon on Friday, 11th May 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
C/O Community Education
Lower New Street