Our Adult Learning Services provide Adults with help and support in reading, writing spelling and maths.
Need help with the basics?
• Do you need help with reading, writing, spelling, maths or basic computers?
• We will help you to learn in a way that suits you.
• You may learn in a small group or have a tutor to yourself.
• Classes are small and tutors are friendly and specially trained.
• The service is free and confidential
• Tuition is provided during the day and at night in centres throughout Kilkenny and Carlow.
We offer classes to all adults who want to improve their skills in reading, writing, spelling and maths. Our learners are ordinary people of all ages and walks of life.
When you arrive you will be welcomed by the staff. We will meet with you to talk over your options and to find out how we can help you achieve your aims.
|Who can come to Adult Learning Scheme|
Adults who have difficulties with reading, writing, spelling or sums or who just want to improve their basic skills or learn new ones. They must be over 16 years and left full-time education.
|What does Adult Learning Scheme do|
In addition to offering help with reading, writing, spelling and maths/sums, we also offer help and support with preparing for health and safety, driver theory and driving tests. All courses and activities are specifically designed to meet the needs of adult basic learners, for example an introduction to computers. Progression routes include QQI accreditation at Levels 1, 2 , 3 and 4.
If someone missed out in school, got left behind or just feel they need to improve their skills and gain confidence, they are entitled to a second chance.
We Provide that second chance.
|Carmel Bryan||Adult Literacy Organiser: Tara Kelly|
|43 Upper Patrick Street
|Tel: 056 776 3149|
|Tel: 059 9135544